High blood pressure is a problem for many people. It can lead to a variety of other dangerous health concerns like stroke and heart disease. To keep yourself on the right side of health, here are some tips along with supplements to help you lower your blood pressure naturally.
High blood pressure can be a problem for both young and old alike. When blood vessels are narrowed by cholesterol plaques, it increases the pressure on the walls of the vessels to push blood through. This can lead to a dislodging of the plaque. That can cause strokes.
Unhealthy eating habits can also raise blood pressure. Eating foods high in sodium and other preservatives can put a lot of pressure on the heart to pump blood to the rest of the body.
Here are some ways to go about lowering blood pressure naturally. Supplements are a very useful resource, along with making lifestyle changes.
Lowering Blood Pressure Naturally
* Exercise – Exercise has a lot of useful benefits. It relieves stress and increases oxygenation. Increased cardiovascular health can lower your blood pressure. Avoid exercising right before bedtime, though, or you may have a problem getting to sleep.
* Drink alcohol in moderation – If you don’t already drink, don’t start. But, if you like a glass of wine, try red wine. It is helpful for heart health, lowering blood pressure. For women and men, one drink a day is helpful.
* Reduce caffeine – There is caffeine in coffee, tea and soft drinks. Caffeine can increase blood pressure by narrowing the vessels. If you already have issues with high blood pressure, adding caffeine can raise it even higher.
* Learn to relax – Stress can be a contributing factor to blood pressure issues. Learn to reduce your stress levels. Try listening to soft music or deep breathing techniques. A good warm bath can also help drain away stress from your day. Finding ways to cope with stress can help you control not only blood pressure but also other health concerns.
* Cut the salt – Sodium can raise blood pressure if you are sensitive to salt. Don’t just look for salt in the shaker but also in your other food items in the pantry. Processed foods contain a lot of salt as preservatives. This includes frozen healthy meals. The average person has at least two or three times their daily salt needs each day.
* Eat potassium – Sodium and potassium are two elements that work together in the body. The levels are balanced to keep your electrolytes in check. Eating more potassium can counteract too much sodium. Try bananas, cantaloupe, potatoes, beans and raisins.
Are you having problems with blood pressure? You can help yourself by taking supplements and making lifestyle changes to lower blood pressure naturally.
We offer a refreshing nighttime powder mix called Niteworks, that contains L-arginine and L-citrulline producing Nitric Oxide, which can protect cardiovascular health and help arteries stay flexible and youthful. The health of your blood vessels is very important to keeping blood pressure at a healthy level.
Be Healthy….VL Parker