The skin is the largest organ of the body. Being on the outside of your body, it takes the brunt of the force from changes in the weather. When fall and winter arrive, your skin can be ready.
During the summer, skin needs protection from the sun. When the weather gets cooler, the methods we use to keep our skin healthy needs to change too. This way our skin can glow all throughout the year.
Skin Tips for Cooler Weather
* Stay hydrated – Many people think that drinking water is only important when you are exercising or the weather is hot. However, it is just as important when the weather begins to dry out. Continue to drink at least eight glasses of water a day to replenish water lost through sweating, urination and normal cellular activity. Also add H3O Fitness Tablets to your water, it has essential electrolytes that support cellular rehydration
* Use a humidifier – Dry air can cause the skin to become red and itchy. Restore moisture to the air with a humidifier. A cool mist humidifier in your room at night can give keep just enough moisture in the air to make sleeping comfortable.
* Find a good moisturizer – Regular lotions contain perfumes and additives that can actually dry your skin. Look for a moisturizing product that is light but also oil based so that it absorbs into the skin well. Revitalize your beauty with skin care tailored to your specific needs. To combat fine lines and wrinkle use Nourifusion Multi-vitamin Moisturizer SPF 15.
* Remember to exfoliate – It is still important to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Old cells can clog pores leading to acne and irritation. Once a week, use a good scrub to gently remove any clinging dead cells from your face and body. To deeply clean try Nourifusion Multi-vitamin Exfoliating Scrub.
* Protect your lips – Lips can become chapped easily when the weather turns chilly. Keep them from peeling and cracking with lip balm. Choose one with a sunscreen added if you plan to be out in the sun a lot. If you want your lips to be plump and refreshed try peppermint-flavored Lip Refiner SPF 15. Apply as needed to keep lips moisturized and supple
* Avoid drying out your scalp – We often forget that we have skin underneath of our hair. The scalp can become dry and itchy when we use blow dryers and other hot styling tools on the hair – especially in winter time. You can towel dry your hair to protect the skin of your scalp while using Strengthening Shampoo and Strengthening Conditioner, which will reduce breakage, moisturize your scalp and preserve your color-treated hair.
Be Healthy….VL Parker